The Rogue VT is an American-made vertical tillage tool that aerates soil and alleviates deep soil compaction, while creating a smooth seedbed. As it works your soil, the Rogue VT also manages crop residue to help prevent erosion and improve water infiltration, more key factors in optimizing soil health and getting the most out of your crops.
If you farm in dry conditions, have a thin topsoil layer, or experience compaction issues, vertical tillage might be the ideal fit for your operation. The goal of vertical tillage is to size crop residue and pin it to the ground, where it decomposes. This makes the residue layer is easy to plant into, and it releases nutrients back into the soil, holds in moisture, and protects precious topsoil from wind erosion. In addition to prepping the seedbed, deep-fracturing VT tools like the Rogue break up soil compacted by heavy equipment.
Why go Rogue?
- Adjustable coulters and harrows. The Rogue comes equipped with adjustable coulters and harrows. These attachments size crop residue and smooth the seedbed, so when it’s time to plant, planter unit chatter—undesirable movement that causes seed skips, doubles, and loss of depth—is limited.
- Deep soil fracturing. The Rogue perfectly conditions soil by fracturing it up to 8″ below the surface. This deep fracturing breaks up years of soil compaction and allows the next crop to easily absorb moisture and access nutrients.
- Strong, flexible frame. Many vertical tillage tools on the market offer no down flex. The Rogue’s frame flexes an impressive 15º down and infinitely upward, allowing it to adapt and ensuring consistent, one-pass performance in heavy-residue situations or changing field terrain.
- Erosion control. Some vertical tillage tools don’t size crop residue, and some chop it so finely it quickly blows away. The Rogue sizes residue—including tough-to-manage corn stover—then pins it to the ground with harrows, keeping it in the field. Most residue is left near the soil surface, providing crucial erosion control.
- Soil aeration. The Rogue can also be used to aerate pastures and hay ground. It breaks up the mat formed by roots and foliage and helps spread out manure piles. This improves fertilizer and water infiltration, increasing hay yield and pasture output.
We’ve put together a comparison chart so you can see how the Rogue VT stacks up against other tools on the market.
The Rogue vertical tillage tool has multiple durability and usability features, including:
- Four working widths: 16 ½’, 24′, 31 ½’, 39′
- Shorter rollers that keep dirt away from critical parts, extending bearing life.
- Gang angles and coulter depth settings that can be adjusted without a wrench.
- Walking tandem wheels with high-quality tires.
- Scraper kit to prevent collection of mud.
- Hiniker seeder or Montag air seeder, which can be added for cover crop seeding.
- Two-year breakage warranty, INCLUDING tines.
Take your vertical tillage system to the next level with the Rogue VT.